Windows get overlooked in my house all the time. They are a pain to clean. The actual glass isn’t too bad to clean, its the casing and the outside that overwhelms me. But I realized that every time I walk in the back door of our house I see these two windows that have collected so much dirt and grime they are making me want to vomit. And that is no way to come home.
So today we are going to clean that window that really bothers you. Only choose one (or 2) we aren’t talking about getting out the large ladders and climbing up to the second floor or anything. Let’s not go overboard here.
What you need:
1. Small broom or brush
2. Sponge or rag with warm water and a small amount of mild dishwashing liquid on it
3. Glass cleaner and some paper towels
4. A step stool (if you are short)
What I did:
1. First I removed the screens and brushed the dirt and bugs away from the sill and around the sides and top of the window casing.2. I used the sponge to wipe off the caked-on stuff that was left over. I did this on the sill, around the casing and the bottom of the glass where dirt had settled.
3. Then I used some Windex to make the glass shine.
The project was easy and fairly fast. It took me about 20 minutes, but a lot of that time I was trying to control the paper towel usage of the two smalls. I let them clean the glass and they used half of the bottle of Windex on these two windows alone while one of the big girls was lecturing me on the irresponsibility of even having paper towels in the house. Oh well, I’m trying.
Now it’s your turn… If you want to join me in this 30 day easy spring cleaning challenge where we thoroughly clean one thing each day in 30 minutes or less, please click on the follow my blog button on the right menu bar (or below) and you will receive a daily post with a new project.